To all Firefox Blur users:
Firefox recently introduced “Web Extensions” — a revised framework for Firefox add-ons making them faster and more secure. You can read more by clicking this link.
You must login to Blur on Firefox to keep from losing any of your stored Blur data like accounts, passwords or auto-fill identities.
PLEASE NOTE: TO MIGRATE DATA SUCCESSFULLY YOU MUST USE THE SAME FIREFOX BROWSER AS YOU REGULARLY USE WITH BLUR
You can use the following steps to enable Backup & Sync and complete the migration process:
1) Login to Blur for Firefox using the button below (direct link: https://dnt.abine.com/#webextension)
2) Follow the on-screen instructions to enable Backup & Sync:
3) Once you’ve enabled Backup & Sync, written down your Backup Passphrase, and manually exported your stored Blur data, you’re all set!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I use a different internet browser than Firefox, or I don’t use Blur to store any auto-fill data, does this still apply to me?
A: Nope! We do recommend regularly manually exporting your stored Blur data to avoid any potential data loss.
Q: Do I have you use Abine servers to migrate my data?
A: No. You can manually backup your stored Blur data, and then import the backup file once you’ve logged back into Blur in Firefox. Watch a video tutorial.
Q: I use an older version of Firefox and won’t use Firefox 55, does this apply to me?
A: Yes, as you should always keep your Blur extension up to date.
- Use this video about how to login to Blur and manually enable Backup & Sync
- Use this video about how to manually export your stored Blur data
- Use this video about how to view your Backup Passphrase
Email us: blur-support [at] getabine [dot] com
LiveChat: https://www.abine.com/support (office hours are Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, Eastern Time).