DeleteMe for Xfinity Constant Guard FAQS
- What is DeleteMe for Xfinity Constant Guard?
Abine has partnered with Xfinity Constant Guard to provide a new way to protect your privacy online. As part of the Xfinity Constant Guard mobile app, available on iOS devices (iPad/iPhone), the DeleteMe mobile app allows you to search for yourself and see what information data collection sites have to share and sell about you. Then, as an Xfinity Constant Guard user, you will be able to remove up to three listings completely free. In addition, you qualify for an exclusive 60% off discount for a 3-month subscription to DeleteMe mobile, which will remove all your listings and give you access to our team of DeleteMe advisers.
- Who uses DeleteMe?
Many different kinds of people are DeleteMe customers, such as those who:
- Don't feel comfortable with their contact info being publicly displayed and sold online
- Want to remove data collection listings from Google searches so that other content, like their LinkedIn profile and personal blog, are found more easily
- Face threats from stalkers, exes, or other dangerous people
- Want to protect their families and/or businesses
- Work in law enforcement or the judicial system
- Are public figures and therefore have a lot of unwanted people trying to reach them
- Don't have the time to figure out the deletion process, complete the opt-outs, or both
- Would rather have the experts -- Abine -- put forth the effort
- I don't live in the US. Can you still delete my listings?
No. The sites from which we delete our customers are all based in the US and they only process removals from people who either currently live in the US or used to live in the US. If you've never lived in the US at any point in your life, we won't be able to help you. Generally, these sites only list US residences anyway, so if you don’t live in the US it’s unlikely that you’re listed.
- What are data collection or people search sites?
Data collection websites, also commonly called “people search sites” or “data brokers,” collect, publicly list, and sell your personal data. These websites scrape public records from a huge variety of sources and generally aren’t very transparent about where the information came from. Data brokers compile all kinds of personal details about you and neatly package it up to sell. These sites can have everything from your name and address to shopping habits and religious views. Here’s a list of some of their biggest data sources:
- Social networks
- Real estate transactions
- Marriage licenses and divorce decrees
- Unsealed lawsuits or legal actions
- Criminal records
- Marketing databases
- Birth certificates
- Death certificates
- Census statistics
- Voter registrations
- Drivers licenses
- Utility companies
- Government spending reports
- Political campaign contributions
- Sex offender registrations
- Trademark filings
- Business and entity filings
- Professional and business licenses
As you can imagine, gathering information from so many different sources often leads to these websites sharing and selling inaccurate information. That’s one of the reasons why we created DeleteMe to remove public listings from data collection sites, giving you more control of the information out there about you online.
- How do I download DeleteMe?
iPad: Using Xfinity Constant Guard Mobile, go to the main screen and click the DeleteMe icon. It will take you to DeleteMe Mobile’s App Store page, where you can install the free app.
iPhone: Using Xfinity Constant Guard Mobile, go to the “Services” tab and click the DeleteMe icon. It will take you to DeleteMe Mobile’s App Store page, where you can install the app.
Alternatively, from your iPad or iPhone’s app store, search for “DeleteMe” and install from the search results.
- What is a free removal?
Xfinity Constant Guard customers receive three free removals with DeleteMe mobile. When you enter your information and search for yourself, you’ll likely see many listings. As an Xfinity Constant Guard customer, you will qualify to have three of these listings removed for free. You will select the listings you want removed and then we’ll take care of the rest.
- How do I remove a listing?
- Once you search for your information, you will likely see a list of many listings about you.
- Select a listing from the main list (after login) that you would like removed.
- Review the listing to make sure it matches your information.
- Tap “DeleteMe.”
- I selected the listing I want removed, now what?
Once you selected the appropriate listing, a DeleteMe adviser will perform the opt-out on your behalf. An email confirmation will be sent to you upon completion of the removal.
- This listing isn’t mine! Should I ignore it?
If a listing appears in your search but isn’t you, choose “Not me” to refine your results.
- Select a listing from the main list (after login)
- Review the listing to make sure it doesn’t match your information
- Tap “Not me”
- What does “Not me” mean?
If a listing looks similar but isn’t your own simply choose “Not me” and the listing will be ignored. Choosing this option will not count against your free listings!
- Will choosing to ignore a listing count against my free opt-outs?
Nope! Go ahead and ignore them by choosing the “Not me” button.
- I want to update my information.
After logging in, from the main screen tap the menu button at the top right corner. Choose “Update Info”. Fill out the fields you want to update and tap “Save.”
- I ran out of free opt-outs! Can I upgrade/purchase a DeleteMe subscription for more opt-outs?
Yes! DeleteMe from Xfinity Constant Guard is $9.99 (3/mo subscription) for unlimited opt-outs. This is an exclusive 60% discount off the normal price.
- From the main screen after you have logged in, tap the menu button at the top right corner.
- Tap “Upgrade”
- Tap the “Sign up now” button if you don’t have an account.
- Type in your Apple ID password, wait for the transaction to go through.
- If you see the “Thank you for purchasing DeleteMe” message, you’re done!
- Something went wrong during my purchase or I got a ”Don’t try the purchase again” error message.
Try logging out and logging back in. If there was a problem connecting to our server for an upgrade, it will try to connect again. If the server connects, your account should be upgraded. If you aren’t sure, feel free to contact a DeleteMe representative.
- Something is wrong with my purchase and I have more questions.